Thursday, September 22, 2011

"Just Married" Quilted Sign

I just made this banner for the Etsy wedding I've been working on the last few months. I'm all done with the wedding projects, and now I can't wait to see pictures from the wedding itself! (I'll show you the rest of the projects over the next few days.)



This sign was my customer's idea. She had seen it in another wedding and loved the idea, so I adapted it to her theme.

All the fabrics I used had also been used on her quilts, so everything will coordinate. I also added batting between the layers and quilted around each letter so that each of them is like a mini quilt.

So, how did I do the letters? I tried out freezer paper stenciling, that's how!

I had originally planned to applique the letters, but then I remembered seeing freezer paper stenciling online, and I decided to try it. It was easy and worked great!

I'm thinking of making custom name banners for my kids' rooms like these. I wonder if something like that might be a hit in my Etsy shop ... :)

0 comments:

 
;