Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Challenge You Wednesday: Lattice Cards



Supplies: stamp (Stampendous); paper (G-P, gold metallic foil); ink (BIC Mark-Its, Versamark with gold embossing powder, copper metallic marker); Nestabilities Labels 8; silk flowers; gold leaves; homemade mini roses, office brad.

The challenge today was to make a lattice card like Valita has posted several times on her blog. I thought they were so pretty that I really wanted to try my hand at one (or two). This first one is my favorite.

I had a bit of a time photographing these because they sort of "peek a boo" to the inside, so I wanted to show that, too. I ended up having to lay them flat to get a good enough picture.

Here is the inside of the first one:



Are you like me, always searching for the perfect sentiments? I've been hunting for my personal "perfect" birthday sentiment ever since I began stamping. I was thrilled to finally find it in a clear stamp set by Stampendous, along with quite a few other "perfect for me" sentiments!



Supplies: stamp (free digital image from Digital Two for Tuesday blog); paper (G-P, unknown); ink (Colorbox red, BIC Mark-Its); Nestabilities Labels 1; CB vine die; homemade mini roses; Chef Duff brick fondant embossing plate (used with my CB).

This didn't turn out exactly as I had envisioned it, but it's okay. I wanted to try creating a scene effect, and I guess I accomplished my goal. :)



This was my last attempt (which was actually my first experiment). I wanted to create a cherry pie effect. So far, so good, I guess. But now I have no idea at all what to do with it. Oh well, I'll post the finished product if I ever figure it out! :)

Now you can go see what my friend came up with this week. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

The first is my favorite too.
I wanted to try the pie and the garden wall both, but didn't have time.
Thanks for "introducing" me to this new technique, I'm going to try it again when I get more time!

Ginny said...

I love the first card as well. So very pretty! I'm wondering if these are as difficult as they would appear. Guess I'll have to check out the instructions.

Christa said...

Ginny, it's a little bit fiddly and time-consuming, but I wouldn't say it's terribly difficult. It's just a little more "involved". I certainly wouldn't be making them every day, though. :)

 
;