Friday, November 12, 2010

Craft Room Reorganization Part 2

Today let's look at my main workspace. Here's the basics of what I have "taking up space" on my work table:



My 8.5 x 11" cardstock (sorted by rainbow color in a step-up file) and a Pampered Chef tool turnabout that houses all my must-have tools.

I used to have two tool turnabouts, two revolving spice racks, and a few more odds and ends taking up space. Now I can find my tabletop!



We've had this decorator shelf for ages now. When I was going over some of my problem areas with my husband, he suggested mounting this one just above the table, creating a "center" for my most-used adhesives (and a nook for my markers underneath). It's perfect, and it came from a thrift store (probably less than $1, but it's been awhile so I can't remember exactly). :)



Directly in front of where I sit is this table lamp (with a daylight bulb) - with "office supplies" (binder clips, tacks) sorted into the compartments, my pretty apothecary jar with dew drops, and my ATG gun. I've seen all the fancy ATG gun holders and thought about making one, but this pretty cup does the trick until I find someone with a router that can make me a stand.



This was perhaps one of my two favorite re-dos. The way I had been storing my clear stamp sets and Sizzix dies wasn't very easy to get to ... and I had to unstack five dies to get to the one I wanted.

When I put the old storage out for the thrift store, my husband saw it and claimed it for his CDs. Then he asked what I was doing with the items I had taken from it. When I told him I had no idea, he suggested this organizer. The best we can figure is that it used to be a CD organizer. We got it at a thrift store with no labels on it ($2, I think), so I'm not completely sure.

So my husband got my worthless-to-me organizer that was perfect for him, and I took his worthless-to-him organizer that was perfect for me. It was a win-win situation! :)



Lastly, here is my large trimmer, small trimmer, Cuttlebug and index card boxes (filled with embossing folders and large CB dies, as well as preprinted digi stamps).

Stay tuned ... there's more to come!

1 comments:

jemilyea said...

I always enjoy organizing posts, so please continue! It's good you're able to do so much with what you have already.

 
;