Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Visit Day One: My husband is homeschooling!

I've already finished my parents' living room, except for the walls. I have to run out for dollar store Magic Erasers for that, so I went on to the next room until we get them.

We're working on the master bedroom right now, unloading dresser drawers and deciding what needs to go. Mom really wants to get rid of one of the dressers, so this could be a challenge.

Anyway, the biggest news today is that my husband is homeschooling my son while I'm gone. I knew this would be funny, and it is. I got three calls this morning for directions. Mostly he needed to know what all the abbreviations in my plan book meant! :) I'm sure they're doing great, but I got a good giggle out of thinking of him sitting there trying to figure out what "BPF" stood for. (Basic Phonics Flashcards, in case you're wondering.)

So far, so good. Both of the kids got to bed last night with no crying. Of course, they were exhausted from the late night of traveling, so we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

My daughter is having a blast following her Pappy around everywhere. Today is his day off, so I've tried to get as much done as possible. I'm not sure if she'll let me get this much done the rest of the week or not. Of course, if my sister brings her kids over, that will help!

"See" you tomorrow, I hope ...

2 comments:

The Asian Pear said...

Hi, I stumbled in on your blog through a series of links. Just wanted to post to say that your blog is great and if you'd mind if I added you to my blogroll?

Christa said...

Feel free to add me to your blogroll. I love sharing ideas. :)

 
;