Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Look Ma, no training wheels!

My 5-year-old son decided he was too old for training wheels this week. (Let's not discuss the fact that I never learned to ride my bike without them until I was around 10 or so.) So today was the day Daddy had time to take them off and see what he could do.
Here he is, riding all by himself. My husband walked/ran alongside for moral support, but didn't hold onto the bike much at all. My little guy was so proud of himself!
And then my husband decided to be a little silly and try to ride the bike. I promised him I was going to post this on the blog, so here you have it. This is my mostly-serious husband being a little kid again. :)


And let's not forget my little girl. She was riding her tricycle and managed to wreck it several times in the ten minutes it took to take these pictures. Maybe she takes after me.

2 comments:

Paula & Skip said...

Such nice pictures, you can be so proud of all of them. BTW, do men aver really grow up??

Christa said...

Paula - I don't think they do! They just get the chance at a second childhood all over again when they have kids. :)

 
;