Saturday, November 29, 2008

Vacation Pictures: What we did!

I have lots more things to share with you, but I thought I'd go ahead and finish sharing my vacation pictures before the Christmas season overtakes me and I completely forget. I know several of my family are itching to see these, so here goes ...

We were at Ocean City for the week, so we decided to go to the beach. Let me tell you, November is the perfect time to go to the beach! :) There were no sunbathers, no crowds - we were the only ones on the actual beach, except for a lady walking her dog. It's the perfect time to gather shells, too. We filled a bucket in no time.

Anyway, while we were at the beach, I just stood by the water and enjoyed the sound of the waves coming in. Of course I took pictures of them coming in, too! Check it out:



I thought it was pretty funny that the only tracks other than ours happened to belong to a seagull!



Back at the condo, one of the kids' favorite activities was feeding the seagulls. Our "neighbors" fed them once, and my kids wanted to do it every day thereafter. In fact, we had a loyal seagull that came every day and perched on the post just outside our door. I have a picture of him - he was recognizable from the rest!



Of course we spent a lot of time doing this:



And, in parting, check out the view I had when I stepped off our back porch at dusk and looked left:



We're hoping to get the same condo again for our next bonus week!

3 comments:

Be Thou Exalted said...

I went to a scrapbooking retreat at Ocean City two weeks ago. You're right, November is a great time to go.

Heather said...

would this happen to be Ocean City MD? It's so nice there in the off season!

Christa said...

Jen, 2 weeks ago? You just missed us! :) Where was the retreat?

Heather, Yep, that's the one. It's almost like a ghost town off season, but in many ways that's nice!

 
;