Friday, November 7, 2008

Another birthday!

My son turned 5 this week, and we've been crazy busy. I'll share a few pictures with you, but I can't be lengthy since my daughter just got out of bed and insists that I put her back! ;)

Anyway, my son wanted an astronaut cake, so we went with space-themed decorations. I just used things we already had around the house. This book came from Ollie's a few months back, and the foam shuttle came from clearance at Michael's last year. The model of the planets came from a thrift store this past year, and the cards were given to him for his birthday.
Here we have the "head of the table" with the Dollar Tree banner I had originally purchased for school decorations:
And here's the birthday boy with his astronaut cake:


And here he is in full garb with his birthday gift - an astronaut dress-up outfit:

He was so thrilled with this, and I'm glad we found it!

The actual day went nothing like we had planned, but everything worked out in the end. I've learned a few lessons for next year, but we'll leave that discussion for another time!! :)
I might be a little scarce the next few days simply because I'm so busy, but hopefully I'll get back to regular posting again quickly.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How creative! Your little one is too cute in his astronaut suit.

 
;