Sunday, November 23, 2008

Christmas gifts are taking shape!

We're back from vacation, and it feels like I have so many things to share with you! But tonight I'm going to show you part of what I was doing today.

I mentioned that I'm making gifts for my mom to give her co-workers, right? Well, when we were on vacation, I picked up 93 overhead transparencies (that can be run through a copier) for $1.75. I've been keeping my eye out for some ever since I saw a really neat gift of hand soap using them. I didn't have 13 hand soap dispensers sitting around, but I did see these clear ornaments sitting in my craft room from last year and decided I needed to use them.



There's a great tutorial for these here. I just picked up a few extra clear ornaments at Dollar Tree today, in case you're wondering where to get these cheaply. The size is around 3" and they come in a pack of 3 for $1.00.



I really, really want to figure out how to make a box like the first one here. I may just end up purchasing the pattern through her, since she does such a fabulous job and is so generous sharing her ideas. I've gotten more than $5 worth of inspiration for free from her blog, so I'm leaning that way. I'll let you know what I decide and what it ends up looking like!

On another gift note, I started assembling baskets today.



I only need two more baskets and sets of matching coffee cups, and I'll have enough for my family, friends and board members. I took the picture before the baskets were fully assembled. I need to add cocoa to the ones that don't have coffee packets and "cake in a cup" mixes to all of them. So far, I have less than $10 in all of these put together. Not bad for 8 gift baskets!



Here's one for one of the single ladies from the board.



This is for a couple that is on the board. See that coffee packet? I send for all the free samples I can. Usually I put them in a goody basket in my guest room, but they were perfect for these baskets (4-6 servings each). You can't beat free!

Have you started working on Christmas gifts? I'd love to see what you're planning for this year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sophia,

I just love your ideas. You are an inspiration. I mentioned you and linked to you in a post. I just thought I'd let you know.

Lindy said...

Carolyn and I had the same idea! I also have linked you. I have been reading your blog for awhile and your frugal gifts are such an insipration to me!

Thanks for sharing all of your great ideas! :)

Rooster Inn Primitives said...

Those Christmas balls are beautiful. I love your blog. You have such great idea's. Lots more reading to do.

Thankssssssssss

Pam

 
;