Monday, November 3, 2008

Rescuing "not my style" paper

What can you do with disgustingly-ugly paper? This was one of those purchases that I thought would grow on me, but it didn't. Oh well. I got the whole pack of 24 sheets unopened at a thrift store for $1.25, so I wasn't out much.



But it really bothered me to have paid for something and then not use it. So I looked at them again today and decided that "one man's trash is another man's treasure." Or some variation of that, anyway. What might not be my style (EVER!) might appeal to the younger set. Besides, it's high-quality cardstock-weight paper! So I made some personalized notecards (4/set) for my nieces on my husband's side. These will go with their Christmas gifts as an add-on this year. (NOTE: I used my new acrylic stamp set for the "monogram" part.)



Hmmm ... I think I actually like them when they're "made up" like this! :)



That inspired me to make something my generation would be more inclined to like, so I made personalized notecards for the sisters-in-law with whom we exchange Christmas gifts. There are two of each card in the sets, and I really liked these!

This is some of the paper I've bought at Big Lots for $2.00/25 sheets. It's also the high-quality cardstock-weight paper. The paper on the bottom is even light pink on the reverse, instead of the usual white.

These were fast and easy!

1 comments:

Lindy said...

I love them! They turned out very nice!

 
;