Thursday, January 3, 2008

Welcome to My Blog!

I've been wanting to start a blog for awhile now, and the new year provided just the impetus I needed. (It didn't hurt that my mom suggested I start one, too.)

What can you expect from my blog?

Frugality ... I'm on a strict budget (see next post) and I'm always looking for ways to stretch our money.

Homemaking ... I'm a stay-at-home wife and mother who feels very strongly that my primary responsibility is to take care of my husband and raise responsible, godly children. I'm looking forward to sharing my cleaning schedules, favorite recipes, menu plans and more.

Book Reviews ... I'm a book junkie, and I'll occasionally post some of my favorite books and why I think they're must-haves.

Photography Tips ... I'm not a professional, by any means. But I have a great camera and I'm learning more every day. I've been taking all of our portraits for two years now, photographed a friend's wedding, several friends' babies and took another friend's senior pictures. I've learned a lot along the way. I'll be sharing some of my favorite pictures (sorry, but for privacy reasons, don't expect a lot of face shots) and a few tips, too.

Furthermore, you can expect my ideas to be influenced heavily by my deep faith in God. My husband is a pastor. After nearly five years of ministry, I am still in awe of the trust God has placed in our hands, and I feel very privileged to share in this ministry with my husband.

I'm looking forward to sharing slices of my life with you!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Hi and welcome to the world of blogging. I, too, am a pastor's wife, but only the mother to one little boy...so far:-) I hope you enjoy your time blogging, I know that I really do!

Soulhealer said...

I'm looking forward to following your blog. I think that we all have something to teach and that we all have something to learn. I believe that God uses us to encourage and teach each other. I'd love to know how you are buying groceries so cheaply! Good luck with your new blog. God bless you!

Joyce

Momala said...

Welcome to blogging! I am a fairly new blogger too. I am also curious how you feed your family on so little. I am currently trying to cut our grocery budget by 30% and I'm finding it really difficult! I look forward to reading your blog!

Unknown said...

Please share your grocery secrets with us. I'm a new blogger as well!

Sara
http://bethriftylikeus.blogspot.com/

 
;