Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Notepad Holders

A few months ago I ran across these notepad holders and wanted to make some. (You can get 2 out of a two-pocket school folder.) So I decided to make some for our denomination's ministerial gathering - one for each of the ladies.

Fortunately I had the brainstorm right around back-to-school time so I was able to gather the supplies for next to nothing. But the supplies have been sitting in my craft room waiting for the last minute - you know, the time when everything gets done! :) With Ministerial just a month away, I decided it was high time to get moving on this project.

If I'm in a creative slump, I find it helpful to look at other people's creations. It's been awhile since I made any cards, so I was at a loss what to do with these. So I went to my trusty file of card ideas and found a card that worked perfectly for the stamp and embellishments I had in mind - and on hand!

Unfortunately, I've searched for an hour and still can't find the card on www.splitcoaststampers.com. If you happen to recognize the design and can point me to the correct card, I'd love to credit the original artist!





Stamp: Art Impressions
Paper: Provo Craft and Memory Makers
Eyelets: Memory Makers
The image was colored with colored pencils.


And here's the inside, so you can get an idea of how these are useful:


There is a pocket for handouts, a slit to hold the pen, and a mini legal pad for taking notes.

And I'm sure you're wondering how many of these I'm making. Oh, about fifty. And how many do I have done? So far, twenty. I'll be working on them in the next few days to finish them up. They're all assembled - I just have to do the decorating to the front covers.

1 comments:

Mother said...

Wow, I'm impressed! These are lovely. Talk about inspiration!

You are one very creative and motivated lady. I'm proud of you.

 
;