Thursday, January 17, 2008

Book Spotlight: Things Happen When Women Care

I'm a day late on the book spotlight (having overnight company usually throws off my schedule), but I really wanted to do it because this is one of my all-time favorite books: Things Happen When Women Care by Emilie Barnes.

If you are a pastor's wife or involved in any ministry opportunities in your church, I feel this is a must-have book. I bought it brand-new in the 90's, and I would buy it brand-new all over again if I had to. It's that good!

If you've never read Emilie Barnes, you're in for a treat. She writes like she's sitting right next to you having a conversation. Once I finished her first book, I felt like I had gained a new friend. Now that I have almost all of her books, I feel like I know her like a good friend!

Here you will find practical ideas for
  • Caring for God: a prayer basket and prayer notebook,
  • Caring for Singles: both single parents and those with no children,
  • Caring for Cleaning: Total Mess to Total Rest Chart,
  • Caring for Eliminating Home Messies: excellent ideas on organizing nearly every aspect of your home,
  • Caring for Reaching Out: excellent ideas on making "reaching out" your ministry
  • Caring for Friendships: great ideas for making new (and strengthening old) friendships.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars!

1 comments:

Mother said...

It sounds wonderful. I'm goint to try to find a copy of this book. Thanks for the info. Keep up the good work!

 
;