Thursday, January 10, 2008

Book Spotlight: Queen of the Castle

I've chosen Queen of the Castle by Lynn Bowen Walker for my "book review" today. Most people probably haven't heard of this gem. I found mine at a thrift store for $0.25, but I'd happily pay the small amount plus shipping to get it from Half or Amazon.

Some of my favorite features:
  • Weekly readings. Now that's practical for a busy mom!
  • Chocolate recipes sprinkled throughout the book for when you need a chocolate fix. Can you tell this woman has "been there, done that"? :)
  • Information you can really use - like practical time management, fun ideas for doable holiday celebrations, housekeeping tips ...
  • Conversational writing style - lots of fun to read.
  • Christ-focused.

I'd give the book at least 4 out of 5 stars.

Have you read it? Care to share your thoughts? Please feel free to comment!

1 comments:

ADMIN said...

it sounds like a great book! I'm going to look for it on amazon. Thanks!
Mimi

 
;