Monday, January 28, 2008

Baby hands and feet pictures

are some of my favorite, and they're not all that hard to do. Here, again, is my sister's last baby:



Don't you just love little baby fingers and toes? And isn't it so easy to forget how little they were?

That's one of the reasons I included the mother's hand in both pictures - to maintain proportions. Years from now, she can open her hand and remember just how tiny those little baby hands and feet were.

Want to try something similar? Great! Here are my tips:

  • Use black as the background (see previous tips).
  • Have the parent hold the baby's hand(s) or feet to maintain proportions.
  • Drape a black cloth around baby's and parent's arm(s) or legs just a few inches from the hand(s) or feet. This draws the attention completely to your focal point.
  • Zoom in!
  • Try the Soft Focus feature in Picasa. I recommend adjusting the Soft Focus from the preset mode - often it blurs too much of the photo.

Have you tried it? I'd love to see what you come up with!

0 comments:

 
;