Thursday, October 24, 2013

Cheaper Doll-Sized Water Bottles


I have been looking for realistic water bottles for the dolls for awhile now. The various water bottles are some of my daughter's favorite catalog items, but I think they're way overpriced. [Of course, take that with a grain of salt. I think almost everything in the catalog is overpriced.]

Not only that, but even playsets sold in Wal-Mart or Target only give you one at a time. It's hardly worth buying an entire set just for one water bottle.

So I was thrilled when a fellow doll mom clued me in to these water bottle keychains from Ebay:


Yes, this is really what they look like straight out of the bag. The keyrings aren't hard to get off. In fact, I thought I'd need pliers, but a few of them came off with just a gentle tug. I don't think they'd make very good keychains ...

Anyway, you can get a feel for the size by comparing it to a Wild Cherry Pepsi lip gloss that I picked up a few months ago at Five Below. It's doll-sized, too:



Here's a side shot of how they compare to the same lip gloss container:

If you want some, too, check out this Ebay "auction". You can get four of them for less than $7. I'll warn you, though, that they come from Thailand. I think mine came by slow boat. :) I'm sure it's not the seller's fault, though, because international shipping is known for such things. But I thought I'd mention it just in case you want yours by a deadline. Allow at least a month for them to arrive.

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Oh how fun -- doll sized water bottles! You certainly do have a knack for thinking up and finding fun doll accessories!

jelly andrews said...

This is really cool. This is the first time I heard these water bottles for dolls. And I love to get these for my dolls too.

 
;