Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Motorcycle Jacket for Alex!

We recently found this motorcycle jacket at our local Goodwill for $0.50. It was on a Build-A-Bear (along with matching pants that are just too short to use on Alex).

Our Goodwill, and most others that I've heard of, usually marks things up so much that I get frustrated just browsing the store. For instance, they have a Madame Alexander doll in the showcase right now for $30. You can get the same doll, unused in the original box, at Wal-Mart for $28. She has been in the showcase for at least a month, and I suspect she'll stay there until they figure out she's overpriced. Or until someone is duped into buying her, thinking that she's actually worth more than that.

I said all of that to say this: Someone in the pricing department didn't realize what they had here. I'm sure this set was expensive at Build-A-Bear, but I was thrilled to get it for $0.50.

We love the eagle on the back!

The sleeves are just a tad short, but we're not concerned with that. The rest of the details more than make up for it.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

How cool -- bet R---- loves that!

 
;