Saturday, October 5, 2013

DIY Mix and Match Doll Wardrobe

Outfit #1: black circle skirt, printed black and white knit top from a basic t-shirt pattern

In case you haven't looked at 18" doll catalogs for awhile, mix and match outfit sets are all the rage. I have never professed to be a fashionista, and I'll be the first to tell you that I personally wouldn't put together some of the combinations that they use ... even if they say they match. :) Oh well, to each his/her own, right?


Outfit #2: Add black "leather" boots and exchange the black circle skirt for a skirt made from the same print as the top
But have you ever stopped to consider how easy it would be to create a mix and match set of your own? I honestly made this entire set this past summer before we ever got the doll back-to-school catalogs with mix and match outfits in them. I had no idea "mix and match" was coming back into vogue.

Outfit #3: black sparkly shoes and a black ruffled skirt with the same printed shirt
 I hope this helps to inspire you to see what you can come up with!

Outfit #4: Add a sparkly white knit sweater for a different, even dressier look!
Now consider how many outfits I just got out of that one printed shirt. Consider for a moment how many outfits I can get by combining these pieces with the plain, basic black and white shirts (and skirts) that Paige already has. Talk about versatility!

I'm linking to ...

2 comments:

Susan J Barker said...

First, I want to thank you for coming and visiting my blog and your comments on the idea of crochet as one bit of multitasking! I love this idea of mix and match! In my own wardrobe I don't think I ever went away from it! I am now contemplating getting back to some of the crafts associated with dolls. My Mom and I used to buy and dress dolls each christmas for a local childrens charity, way back in the mid 80's...well, I'll see how that goes, tho...

Esther Asbury said...

Love the mix and match idea --- both for dolls and real people! Lovely outfits -- especially like that ruffly black skirt!

 
;