Thursday, October 3, 2013

Black "Leather" Boots for Paige


I've been quiet (i.e. silent) on here the last few weeks, but life has been very busy. I thought I'd share one of my favorite handmade American Girl doll accessories with you today - these black boots!

I made them from leather-looking vinyl that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. All you need is 1/8 yard, and you can get a few pair from that length. The foot part is just a little bit tricky, but it's really worth it when you have such fantastic boots when you're all done.

I used Diane Morello's awesome step-by-step instructions (and free patterns) to make these.

I'm linking to ...


4 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Wow! These are amazing!! You are one very talented lady!

Kathy, Jeff's Wife said...

How adorable! I love those!!!! Thank you for sharing!

Kathy, Jeff's Wife said...

Those are so adorable! Thank you for sharing and linking-up!

jemilyea said...

Sorry to comment so late; I'm catching up on posts that I saved to comment on. These boots are so nice. I imagine the store clerk was quite interested in them if you happened to tell you what you were working on. When I worked at a fabric store, I enjoyed hearing about the customer's projects when they wanted to talk about them.

 
;