Monday, February 11, 2013

Zoe Bunny for Operation Christmas Child


How about a cute knit bunny for the Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes? She was actually my first knit toy for these boxes, but it took me a little while to get pictures of her.

She was much easier than I had feared! I envisioned all kinds of annoying seaming, but that was not the case. The only part requiring seaming is the ears. Admittedly, they're a bit fiddly, but not enough so to make me vow to never make another one.

For the tiny pieces started in the round (i.e. everything done in the round), I used Emily Ocker’s crocheted cast-on, which is pretty much the same thing as magic loop in crochet. I used a size “D” hook for this. You could also use Judy's Magic Cast-On, which I may do the next time I make one.

I wasn't planning to knit the dress, but after I assembled her, she looked very much in need of clothing. See, she's not really designed to look like a real bunny with her arms and legs the way they are. So she looked a bit ... bare. The dress was cute and quite easy, once I got the lace pattern memorized. You could easily substituted any lace pattern you wanted for the dress to make it go faster.

I already have another one knit, waiting to be assembled. You can find this free pattern on Ravelry: Zoe Bunny by Patons.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Would make a nice addition to a toddlers Easter Basket too!

 
;