Monday, October 10, 2011

Yellow and Blue Quilt from Sheets

These aren't vintage sheets, but I've been wanting to make something from them for awhile now. I've also been wanting to try out some new quilt designs, so this was the perfect project for the moment.

As you can see, it's all about yellow and blue together. That print in the lower lefthand corner is one of my all-time favorites. I think it's a Laura Ashley print, but I can't remember for sure. I love gingham, so I accented with it in two shades of blue and then the yellow gingham bordering it all.

I joined this one in the quilt-as-you-go style, too. This time, I added stitching on both sides of the joining seams. I really like that look.

This quilt was so quick and easy! I finished it (from cutting out to binding) in two days. It's a lap-sized quilt, around 48x64".

Don't forget to enter my giveaway (3 striped cotton crochet dishcloths) that's open until October 26!

One of my favorite color combinations is blue and yellow. What are your favorites? I love getting new color ideas! (Feel free to link to examples.)

7 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Blue and yellow always say "summertime" to me -- love that combo.

angie said...

Several years ago, I tried a crazy quilt class. I bought all of the material, cut it, and barely started sewing the pieces together. That is where the project stopped for me. I was wondering if you would be interested in finishing it for me...

Christa said...

A crazy quilt class? That sounds intriguing. If you e-mail me some pictures (a finished picture from the class or even the project in its current state), I'll tell you what I think.

I'm not a random person (which I mention a lot, I know), so if it's like traditional crazy quilting, it would probably *drive* me crazy ... but I'm open to the possibility. :)

angie said...

Y'know, maybe it wasn't called a crazy quilt, after all. The fabric quarters are flannels, which is the part that drew me to the project. (and because it was supposed to be good for beginners, but my sewing skills are non-existent!) So, if you were able to create a quilt using the squares I've cut, it doesn't matter to me what the type of quilting is called.

Ginny said...

I love blue and white, but blue and yellow is also a great combination. I love this quilt!

Christa said...

Angie, that sounds like a rag quilt. If not, it does sound like something I could tackle. I'll check my inbox later today, okay? :)

Kathy, Jeff's Wife said...

I love the way you quilted these!

My favorite color combos are shades of red!

Kathy

http://teachinggoodthings.com/blog/

 
;