Saturday, October 1, 2011

Kicking off Missions Month in my Etsy shop

Today is the first day of October, so it's the official beginning of my Missions Month project in my Etsy shop. During the month of October, 100% of the profit on sales of the handmade items in my shop will be donated to Gospel Proclaimers Missionary Association, Inc. There is a note with each listing that indicates how much will be donated to missions.

To make things easier, I've included free shipping with most of the listings. I've even created a Missions Month section of the shop for the products I'm adding specifically for this project (although all handmade items are included). I've also tried to price everything very reasonably so you can feel good about your purchase, but not break the bank in the process.

If you're so inclined, this would be the perfect time to do some early Christmas shopping!

Let me tell you about the missions organization that I'm donating to ...

You've probably never heard of Gospel Proclaimers Missionary Association, Inc., so let me tell you a little bit about this incredibly dedicated man and the unbelievable tragedy he has faced this past year.

Perhaps you heard about the American missionary killed in Mexico this past January. She was this man's wife. If you don't remember the news story, please check out these links:


There are all kinds of links to online stories about this tragedy, but those were (in my opinion) the top three.

Sam and his wife Nancy dedicated their lives to evangelizing the Mexican people. They spent over 30 years ministering together in Mexico, and Sam (and his son's family) plans to continue to work there, although he will now have to change his methods just a bit to ensure his own safety.

And that's how my Missions Month idea came about. He needs to raise about $110,000 to put these changes into effect. Yes, that's a large sum of money. No, our people are not independently wealthy. But we serve a big God that owns everything in this world, and I've seen Him come through time and time again on behalf of His people. I've seen it in my own life, and now I'm going to do my part for this need.

There are quite a few products available in the shop already, and I'm going to showcase one each day on the blog, a few times a week. I will be adding some products as the month goes on (hopefully some quilted totes and maybe a quilt), so keep checking back! I just didn't have the time to finish them all by the first of the month.

Today I'm showcasing the Four Seasons Dishcloths.


Change your dishcloth color with the seasons!


This set of 4 crocheted cotton dishcloths (11" square) comes in four colors to carry you through the seasons: Tangerine (for autumn), Red (for winter), Mod Green (for spring) and Hot Blue (for summer). Please note that these cloths are sure to last you much longer than one season.

These cloths are soft enough to be used as a luxurious alternative to washcloths, too.

These cloths are already made and ready to ship. (I will take orders once the first set sells.) They would make excellent Christmas or hostess gifts for the upcoming holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years).

For each set of Four Seasons Dishcloths sold during October, I will donate $5.50 to Gospel Proclaimers Missionary Association, Inc.

So, are you excited and ready to shop? Check it out!

Do you need to sign up for an Etsy account so you can shop? This help topic from Etsy should guide you through the process painlessly.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Love the bright colors of your dishcloths!

 
;