Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Oriental Pink Zippered Clutch #1

After I finished making the Oriental Pink bag, I had several nice-sized scraps leftover. I decided to make a clutch (or two) with them. This would be perfect to go inside the larger bag, so you could just grab the clutch if you were going into a store.



This zippered clutch features a matching grosgrain ribbon wrist strap. I used the main fabric as well as the lining fabric for this one.



Here you can see how easy this is to carry! [I made a different one for myself, and I've been using it a few days. I love it!] It has a depth of approximately 2", so it can carry a lot more than it looks like.

This is lined in the same print as the bottom of the clutch.

I was going to put this one in the shop, but my daughter has commandeered it. (I had given my son a manly "project fail," so I had to even the score and give her something, too.) There's more to come with this fabric tomorrow, and I've saved it for the shop! :)

I'm linking to ... Upcycled Awesome,

homework


 http://www.thethriftyhome.com


Photobucket







A Marvelous Mess


10 comments:

Amanda said...

This is such a gorgeous clutch, the fabrics are lovely!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love this, too! I carry a wristlet all the time and finally broke down and learned to make them! The zipper was a little scary at first! lol ♥

Christa said...

Oh yes, I forgot to mention what a complete nightmare that zipper was ... I worked on it for eight hours before I figured it out. Lesson learned: never try to learn to install an invisible zipper on a complicated project, like something with a lining. :)

Ginny said...

This is my day to say things are pretty. (Just left a comment on another blog saying that.) Your clutch is so pretty! Love it!

Pamela said...

Really like this scrap idea. I love the material in your large bag...and the small ones are adorable.

Zerique said...

I really love your clutches!!!! You have great stuff!!!
I am your newest follower and would love for you to check out my blog and possibly follow back!!!! I am also hosting a crafty link up on Wednesday. Join In!!!!
onesweetstory.blogspot.com

Dana said...

Lovely!

I really like the blue floral you have as your blog background! I'd love 3 or 4 yards of that, please! lol

Dana

Christa said...

Dana,

I would love yardage of it, too! If you see some for sale, by all means feel free to let me know. :)

Mindie Hilton said...

Beautiful, thanks for sharing your links at Bacon Time.
I am following you with GFC too!
Hope to see you soon.

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

This clutch looks lovely! Thanks for sharing at the CBPH :)

 
;