Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas gift for my mother-in-law

Here are the pictures of the gift that I promised to show you the end of last week.

I got the idea from an item I saw on clearance at Michaels.

I found the metal tree at a thrift store a few months back and knew immediately what I would use it for. My mother-in-law has 11 children, and there were just enough branches to display 11 small ornament frames. I found similar frames at Ollie's. They were Jolie by You (or one of the Jolie lines), and they were $1.00 for 3 frames. I considered buying them but then decided I could easily do them myself for a lot less than $4.00. I was right! These look just like the Jolie ones, but I used thread to hang these, which is perfect for my little tree.

I don't have any pictures in them yet. I'm waiting to get to my sister-in-law's house and get some of the pictures that I need.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello,
I'm interested in advertising on your blog http://frugalideasfromtheparsonage.blogspot.com/. At the moment, I'm looking for intext links. Do you write paid posts? How much does it cost?
My website provides information on credit deals and ways to manage one's finances.
Waiting for your reply.
Please, contact me on barbara@acclaimnetwork.com

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

This was a darling idea! Would love to see an image of the completed gift!

*hugs*
Kelley Dibble

 
;