Monday, October 27, 2008

I finished 14 cards today!

I've been itching to use this new stamp set (Garden Delight by Inkadinkado). So today my husband gave me some time to work on cards, and I managed to get 14 of them done. I almost always make multiples of cards (usually 4 each) since assembly-line construction is a lot easier than reinventing the wheel every time. I made 4 each of two designs and 3 each of the other two.

Another disclaimer: None of these "designs" are original with me. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm not very good at coming up with my own designs, but I can copy like nobody's business! :) And I always adapt it slightly to match the supplies I have on hand.

So here we go ...





I found the inspiration for this card here. How I adapted it:

  • used a circle punch-out for the sun (or moon, depending on how you see the picture)
  • used patterned paper instead of the brayering technique (I ebayed my brayer before I got back into cards!)
  • used a different sentiment - because it's what I had on hand!




This card inspired my version. How I adapted it:

  • Everything I mentioned above! :)




This is my version of this lady's card. I wasn't sure about the colors at first, but it all worked out in the end. How I adapted it:

  • used a background stamp to make patterned paper instead of the purchased embossed paper
  • used dollar-store glitter glue instead of the pricey stuff (although I admit hers looks much more elegant!)
  • used a stamp with a shaped sentiment in place of the bookplate and other stamped sentiment simply because it's what I had on hand [Are you noticing a trend here?]




This is the last one I made so far, and it's my favorite. I'm a bit partial to pink. You can't tell unless you have it in hand, but the butterfly was stamped on vellum, glittered, and then colored from the back. It makes for a neat effect!

Here's the card that inspired it. How I adapted it:

  • used a different edge punch
  • used a different sentiment
  • used different papers and colors


... In short, your usual adaptation! :)

I have a feeling I'm in for a huge creativity crash in the next day or two, so don't expect to see much more of it for a little bit. It usually takes me a few weeks to recover. :)

1 comments:

Ed said...

Very impressive! We wound up making our wedding invitations from scratch as well as our thank you cards for those who attended. We were really impressed with the quality in the end of things.

Our guests were as well. It was a pretty fun project for us to do together, too.

 
;