Friday, October 3, 2008

Another card using my large rose stamp

First of all, a disclaimer: this was not my original idea. Most things I make are not my original ideas, but inspired by other people's creations. I'm not especially good at coming up with a design from nothing, but I can copy like nobody's business! :)

This was inspired by this card and this one. I searched Splitcoaststampers for this stamp to see what others have done with it because those ladies are so talented and they think of things I would never have thought of ... like making the rose 3-D!

First of all, I stamped the rose three times. Then I colored and cut them out, focusing on ever-smaller sections as I went closer to the center of the rose. This took a little time, but not as much as I originally thought it would. Then I added gold glitter, which I think I like better than the red glitter.

Then I assembled the rose, using pop-up dots on each layer (see below). After I made my card base, I attached the rose to the card with more pop-up dots, giving it lots of dimension. I also "popped up" the sentiment.


And here you have it - a card made with just the supplies I have on hand.
I love the 3-D effect, and I think I'm going to be using it a lot more often!

0 comments:

 
;