Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My little patient

The arm turned out to be broken worse than the ER doctor let on, but thankfully the bone hadn't moved enough to warrant re-breaking it. [BIG sigh of relief!] He endured two doctor visits and two x-rays today, but you'd never guess it by the smile, would you?
Thank goodness they still had "John Deere green" casting material! This cast goes 3/4 of the way up his arm and will stay on for at least six weeks instead of the three I was expecting. Hopefully we can still start homeschooling on time! (He's my right-hander.) And thank goodness I had one short-sleeved shirt in his drawer because his long-sleeved pajama shirts are all too tight with the cast on.

On a completely different note, here's my little dirt magnet:


Isn't she the cutest? I have never met anyone who attracts dirt like my little girl. Of course, she thinks nothing of getting into dirt-slinging contests with her brother while I'm working in the garden. I think I might have a challenge making this one into a proper lady. :)

0 comments:

 
;