Thursday, August 7, 2008

Another answered prayer - for my sister's daughter!

About a month ago, my sister and I were discussing finances and she mentioned that they were having to put their much-needed "new" van on hold because money was so tight through the end of the year. That got me to thinking about Christmas. I asked if there were any toys her kids had specifically asked for that I could keep an eye out for.

I try to do this on a regular basis. Her kids are like mine - they don't care where the toys came from or if they're brand-new or used. They're just grateful to get something they really like. Just last month my sister and her husband were able to give their youngest son the motorized 4-wheeler he has been asking for. We found it secondhand for $5, and it works perfectly. You couldn't find a happier birthday boy!

Anyway, the only thing that came to her mind this time was a dollhouse for her daughter. She has been asking for one.

Would you believe I actually dreamed about finding her one at a yard sale for a terrific price? When I woke up, for a few moments I couldn't remember if it was just a dream or not.

Then last week I found a Fisher Price house at a thrift store for $6. I almost bought it, but then I saw that the top floor was cracked badly. So I passed it up, hoping I hadn't made a big mistake.

Fast forward to last night. A lady from church called me and asked if I'd like two dollhouses and accessories for my daughter - not just one, but two! They had been given to her, but her granddaughters aren't "into" dollhouses, so she thought of my daughter. Would I like them for free to put away for Christmas? Absolutely!!

Tonight she came and we sneaked them into our house while her granddaughters played with (i.e., distracted) my kids. They need a little cleaning up, but I couldn't wait to share this wonderful answer to prayer!

First of all, the Playskool Victorian Dollhouse from the front:
And the back:
Then the Little Tikes Place dollhouse from the front:
And the back:
And here's the big bag of accessories that came with it:

I can't wait to root through the accessories some more! I found quite a few dolls in there - something like three sets. Now I need to go through and match the furniture to the dollhouses. Oh, and I need to wash them, too!

God is so good to our families!

2 comments:

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

Awwwww my daughter had that first Doll House!!! What great blessings. I followed your lead and started poking around in the thrift stores/Goodwil more often...not just when I'm looking for something specific. Last week I got my son a brand-new Max Lucado children's book for $1.99! Plus some more Christian kid's books. And a few weeks ago I was able to get almost-new toys for his birthday and Christmas for very cheap. So those are stored away.

God is such a great provider if you're patient and wait on His timing. I love reading your posts like this one!!

Centsible Mommy said...

I'm glad things worked out for your niece. Just when things sometimes seem as if they will not happen, God provides.

I love reading posts like these.

Thanks, Jamie

 
;