Friday, March 14, 2008

Simple things that make me happy

I'm up later than I had planned, so I need to make it short tonight. (Cousin Camp posting will hopefully continue in the next day or so.) Here's one of the simple things of life that makes me happy:

I had a favorite glass pitcher that we received from a dear friend for our wedding. I used it nearly every day for the last five years to serve my iced tea. I could have cried when it broke a few weeks ago! It was a unique design, so I knew I wouldn't be able to find a duplicate. I went to Wal-Mart and found the pitcher you see here.

There's something about it that makes me happy. It's simple. It's rounded. It's a necessary item that is also a "thing of beauty" for me.

Sometimes it helps to step back and appreciate the little things in life.

1 comments:

Chrysanthemama said...

I love your pitcher and your blog! Sweet tea is my absolute favorite year-round. Take care!

 
;