Sunday, March 30, 2008

Gardening: Day Five

I finally got to plant my onion sets today. The kids had a blast helping me poke them into the ground. I'll have to admit it was a little crazy trying to watch both of them to make sure they were putting the right end down - and only one per hole!

My little girl liked it so well she wanted to poke the remaining five or so into my path!

Meanwhile, my son had a blast watering the garden. I finally had to make him stop so the seeds wouldn't come swimming to the top.

In case you're wondering, I do have a garden sprinkler. However, our hose system needs to be fixed at the turn-on point because there's no way to turn it off. That's fine when you're using it as a hose with the trigger. But if I hooked it up to my garden sprinkler right now, it would be watering my garden 24/7. We're on well water here, but I still don't think that would be a good idea ... :)

0 comments:

 
;