Saturday, May 4, 2019

(Masculine) Cards from 6x6" Paper Pads, part 3

When I do something, I tend to do it in multiples. Hence the "part 3" of this post.

I was running low on masculine birthday cards and decided to use one of my recently-acquired 6x6" paper pads to get my stock back up ... Twenty-five cards later, I think I have enough to last me awhile!

I relied heavily on Kristie Marcotte's 6x6" paper pad tutorial for these cards. I just used the sketches of hers that I liked, and it made it so easy.

Since I wasn't working with a 24-sheet paper pad like she was, I chose 12 papers from my stash that worked well together and pulled 2 sheets of each of them. (I think an extra one may have slipped in about halfway through.)


What can I say? Masculine cards don't always come easy for me, so when the ideas are flowing, I make as many as I can.


This is the 6x6" paper pad that I used for the papers. It's more of a memories/travel theme paper pad, but quite a few of the prints and colors seem masculine to me.


Since I mainly make masculine cards for our church parishioners, I kept that in mind when choosing stamps. There are a few guys in our congregation that might remember this style of old truck (and besides, it's just plain cute!), so I figured it was a safe image to use when I couldn't think of anything else that might interest them.

I used Operation Write Home sketch #123 for these.


This airplane is appropriate for birthdays or graduations, so I made some of each. We have several graduates from our church this year. Our graduation party theme will be along the lines of exploring and travels, so these cards will work perfectly with the theme.

I was inspired by the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #220 for these, but I changed it to suit my images and paper.


We have several college professors in our congregation, so I thought these old-timey globes would be appropriate for them.

I used Reverse Confetti Sketch #21 for these.


We have a retired photographer in our congregation, so this camera stamp was perfect for him.

I used Reverse Confetti Sketch #53 for these.


Ships are always a safe masculine image. These are pretty detailed and are meant to look a bit "sketchy".

I used Operation Write Home Sketch #218 as my inspiration for these. I adapted it a bit.


Trains are another "safe" masculine image.

This was inspired by Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #232. I didn't have room for the fishtail banner at the bottom, so I left it off.


Lastly, we come to the cards that feature a sentiment. These are simple cards, designed to highlight the textured wood-look background paper (thanks to an embossing folder).


Hopefully you can better see the texture in this closeup.


These were based on My Favorite Things Weekly Sketch Challenge #227.


I inked the embossing folder on these, just to see what it would look like. It highlights the woodgrain look.

These were loosely based on Operation Write Home Sketch #160.


Lastly, I used up a good bit of the scraps on these cards. I still have some scraps left, but I didn't feel compelled to use them all right away.

These scraps cards are based on Operation Write Home Sketch #154.

I hope these have inspired you to create some masculine cards. Do you have a card style or recipient that is challenging for you to work with?

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love the layouts on these masculine cards...sketches can be so helpful and fun!

 
;