Saturday, May 11, 2019

Cards from JoAnn's Small Paper Pads

If you enjoy cardmaking and have never looked up Kristie Marcotte on YouTube, you owe it to yourself to do so. She is an absolute genius when it comes to making cards in bulk and using up a whole 6x6" paper pad. I never saw the potential in 6x6" paper pads until someone pointed me in her direction.

I don't like to spend a lot of money on my materials, so I was happy to find a 5.5x7.5" paper pad in the $1.99 bins at JoAnn recently. It's not 6x6", but I liked the prints and figured it would still work just fine.

On a separate shopping trip, I had picked up about 12 sheets of individual papers that look like seed packets but are small focal point images for cards. I think they're by American Crafts, but I threw away the identifying strip before thinking about recording it.



In one of those "happy accidents," I discovered that two of the seed packet greetings went beautifully with the paper from this little paper pad.

Inspired by Kristie Marcotte's process, I picked a card sketch. Unlike Kristie, I don't mind making a bunch of cards that are almost exactly the same. (I'm a little boring like that.) So I just used one card sketch and made as many as I could with the papers I had.


The sketch I used was Reverse Confetti #27, a sketch I found through Kristie Marcotte.

I was so happy with how these turned out! I'm not always confident when mixing patterns, so I love it when I find a paper pad that has done the mixing for me. 

If you've never done something like this, I'd encourage you to try it just once. You may find that it's addicting, like I found. Or you may find that it's just not your thing. That's okay, too.

I'll be sure to share what I do with the rest of the paper from this little pad once I use it up.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love those little seed packet images and the papers you paired them with! These are beautiful cards!

 
;