Monday, January 6, 2014

Thrifting: December/January Doll Finds

I had intentions of blogging the entire month of December, since we took the month off from homeschooling to enjoy the Christmas season more fully. However, life got in the way, and I managed to keep busy with family and Christmas projects the whole month. That's a good thing!

I now have quite a bit to share with you, including some projects I did for my daughter's Christmas gifts. I'll have to go slowly, though, since I still have to photograph some of the items.

I thought I'd start out small by showing you my doll thrifting finds of the past two months.


This has to be one of my favorite finds to date: a rocking horse for the Bitty Twins. I'm holding onto this for a gift at some point, but I managed to sneak this Bitty Twin girl away for a few minutes to take pictures.

I am so happy with this rocking horse! It came from a thrift store near my in-laws. I had seen it a  month ago when we stopped by for Thanksgiving, but they wanted $7.99 for it then. That might be a good price if American Girl were selling it, but I wasn't willing to spend that much at a thrift store. (Most Goodwills could learn a few things about secondhand pricing.) To my surprise, it was still there and marked down to $2.99 a few days ago!


In case you think I've lost my mind with this one, let me tell you why I bought a silver hand towel holder for the dolls - I'm going to use it as clothing racks in the boutique playset I'm working on for the dolls. I got the idea from other doll-lovers online, and I've been keeping my eye out for this piece for a few months now. For $2, I was pretty happy.

And ... that's it, with the exception of a mini book ($0.33) to add to the dolls' library. Sometimes you find a lot; sometimes you don't. That's part of the fun (and frustration) of thrift store shopping.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I can honestly say you see potential in things I would look twice at! But then I'm probably not looking at things with the same mind-set as you! Can't wait to see the boutique you make up --- I'm sure it will be genius just like all the other sets you've made!

 
;