Monday, December 16, 2013

Doll Dollar Store Finds: Vacation Edition


As I mentioned in my previous post, I found a new-to-me dollar store on vacation. It's called Lucky Dollar, and it had some fun things in it. One of my absolute favorites was the spinning rack by the cash register that was full of these purses in every color you could imagine -- all for $1 each! I really liked the black one, so I decided on that one. (Dolls don't really need every color when they're all the same style, right?)


This was different enough to warrant getting it, and the bonus is that we can hang something decorative from that little chain.

I'm pretty sure these were meant to be coin purses, but they're perfectly-sized for the dolls.


This was one of those things that only a doll-lover would understand. I just had to get this perfectly mini-sized Vaseline jar for our doll spa. It was only $0.75. As you can see, I'm not always all about economy. I know I could get 100 times that amount for roughly the same price if I bought a store-brand of this same thing, but I loved the fact that it was perfectly to scale.


These bubble containers are perfect doll-sized cakes, and I love how the lid fits right into the cake theme. I have some plastic paint, so I may try painting them different colors (or even just the "icing" decorations).


We found a doll-sized washing machine at the thrift store a few months ago, so we needed a way to "dry" the clothes. I loved the pink clothespins, so now I just have to dig out my cotton crochet thread for the clothes line. :)


Last, but not least, I found both of these cat collars at a Dollar Tree. I loved the polka dots and hearts, so I snatched them up. They make perfect doll belts once you remove the jingle bell.

Have you found anything fun at a dollar store recently? I'd love to hear about it!

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Love those little purses -- so cute!

Roxy said...

I just found some AG-ish cowgirl boots at Walmart for $2 a pair. There were red and purple. I opted for purple. Thought that was a good deal! Some of their 18" doll clothes were a pretty good deal, too. I've found nice chairs at thrift stores for $2 or so. You are correct in stating that Goodwill could get a grip on some of their prices! Enjoyed reading your blog and will look for the little bubble cakes!

Christa said...

Yes, W-M has some nice doll accessories for very reasonable prices. We've found that the boots are a pretty tight fit and don't always work on our AGs, but we have other dolls that can fit them when they don't work out.

One small caution - Some people have reported dye transfer to the dolls' vinyl and/or fabric bodies with some of the AG/OG/Springfield clothes, so we keep an eye out for it and don't leave them in one of those outfits for too long at a time.

 
;