Saturday, July 13, 2013

Camo Shoes for Alex


I had some scraps of the camouflage canvas fabric leftover and decided to try my hand at a pair of shoes. They're not perfect, but they're pretty good for my first try!

It might sound intimidating at first, but once you make your first pair, it's much easier every time after. (Yes, I've already made more shoes.)


If you'd like to try your hand at making some shoes, I highly recommend Diane Morello's Youtube channel. She's a genius when it comes to doll clothes and accessories, and I spent hours taking advantage of her video tutorials. She'll even send you the patterns for free by e-mail if you ask, so what are you waiting for? :)

These were made from the "pumps" pattern, but you can see that they don't have to look anything like dressy girls' shoes.

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

So are you going to start a doll clothing shop? You could -- your shoes turned out perfect!

Christa said...

If there is interest, I wouldn't mind selling some things. :) Thanks!

 
;