Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Paige's Back-to-School Outfit

I'm working on some back-to-school items for the dolls, and this is the outfit that I made for Paige.

I was inspired by several ruffled t-shirts I've seen on Pinterest, but I knew that I didn't need a pattern to tell me to ruffle a few strips of knit fabric and sew them onto the bodice. I just added the ruffles before sewing the pieces together, and it was really easy.

I made the skirt from a free pattern for a Half-Circle Doll Skirt by Seams Inspired. I used fold-over elastic for the waist, and it worked beautifully. This skirt might have taken me fifteen minutes to make.

See the cute rosebud tights? More on those next time. :)

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I LOVE the ruffles -- so cute!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Very cute!

Larri said...

Your blog is stunning! I'm so inspired by all your American Girl items. Wow! Truly masterpieces. Thanks for linking to my Half-Circle Skirt. The foldover elastic is brilliant. I will try this myself when I stitch up my next AG skirt. Happy Sewing! :)

 
;