Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Knitting: Socks #1 for Lesotho

I had enough washable wool yarn leftover from my sweater for India to make a pair of two-color socks. I still have a nice amount of the lighter pink, so I'm debating making another pair.

See the reinforced heel? That's one of my favorite things about this pattern. Kids can be rough on socks, especially when they get used a lot. This heel should help to minimize holes.

I was also very pleased with how the toes turned out. In retrospect, I probably should have used the dark pink at the toe decreases, too, but I didn't think of it at the time.

Since this was my first-ever pair of socks, I opted for a ribbed cuff (to keep them from falling) and stockinette stitch on the rest of the leg.

Although these socks look very long and skinny, I compared them to my son's feet, and they would fit. This is a really easy pattern to introduce you to sock knitting, so check out the Cozy Toes pattern and knit some for charity, if you're so inclined.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Love the colors you chose for these adorable hand-knit socks! You're amazing!

 
;