Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Knitting: Ribbed "Waffle" Socks for Lesotho

I have lovingly dubbed this yarn my "skunk yarn," since the color combination reminds me of a skunk. I'm really, really hoping there are no skunks in Lesotho so these dear children don't make the same association. :)

At any rate, I made these using the same pattern as my previous pairs of Waffle Socks for Lesotho. They're fun and fast, and the pattern is easy to memorize.

Then I decided to try a variation suggested in the pattern - doing ribbing instead of the waffle stitch pattern. You might not be able to tell much difference because of the yarn I used, but you would be able to tell if they were right next to each other.

I do like the ribbed cuff for several reasons. For starters, it's a lot stretchier so it will fit a lot more feet that way. Secondly, it's even more mindless than the waffle stitch, if you can imagine that. :)

I think that's it for the socks for Lesotho, at least for this shipment. I'll probably be making more in the future.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Great job on your "skunk socks!" Ha ha

 
;