Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Angel Cards

When I was going through some boxes from my parents' house the other day, I ran across these angel images I had cut from magazine ads years ago. I was inclined to throw away anything that didn't have sentimental value, but I decided to hang onto these since I knew they would make some cute cards.


One of my favorite things about these cards is that I was also able to use up paper scraps from the other cards I had made that same day. One of my unwritten craft "resolutions" is to not have paper scraps. I challenge myself to use up every bit of usable paper before the end of the day. If there are only 1" scraps left at the end of the day (and I can't think of a good card use for them), I'm throwing them away.

I know that sounds crazy for someone as "thrifty" as I am, but there comes a point when you have to decide to throw away something so you can hang onto things that (a) really matter and/or (b) are actually worth something. I've officially gotten to that point. :) I won't be throwing away 1/4 sheets of paper, but I'm feeling very good about tossing those 1" scraps that I always felt guilty about before.


As you can see, the card design is very simple. With images this detailed and pretty, you don't need much.


I was thrilled to discover that they matched very nicely with the scraps from my teacup cards.



See? I still didn't throw away smallish scraps, since I actually thought of a use for them before the end of the day. I'm considering this card to be a work in progress, since I'd like to add a little more to it (other than the obvious sentiment) before I give it as a card. I'll try to remember to keep you posted when I add to it.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Combining several pieces of "scrap paper" on one card (like you did on the last one) is a great way to use it up! I personally love my scrap bins (greatly increased by your generous offering) -- but then paper crafting is probably my "main" hobby.

 
;