Monday, September 29, 2014

Knitting: $5 in Paris Sweater for ME!


I spent the weekend knitting myself a sweater. I don't know about you, but I love sweater weather. Unfortunately, most of my storebought sweaters make me look like I gained 20 pounds, all in places I'd rather not gain. So I was happy to find a free pattern for a striped sweater in a flattering fit. It's called $5 in Paris.

This is my second sweater in this pattern, and I already have a third one waiting for me to start today.

I made some significant tweaks to the pattern, so you may want to check out my project page if you want to make one for yourself. I changed the neckline to more of a traditional jewel neckline, rather than the boatneck, almost-off-the-shoulder neckline that is written into the pattern. I also made the sleeves longer by working as many stripes on the sleeves as I worked on the body of the sweater. This came out to 3/4-length sleeves on me.

For this sweater, I used the "I Love This Yarn" from Hobby Lobby in the worsted weight. It's yellow and navy blue. I'm always happy to support Hobby Lobby, and I truly do love the yarn or I wouldn't work with it.

As for the Sherwood Sweater I'm working on, I got a little distracted with these sweaters. I'm 3/4 of the way finished with the second sleeve, so it won't take me long to finish when I get these sweaters "out of my system". :)

3 comments:

Down Blueberry Lane said...

Very nice! Love the colors.

Nan said...

I love the look of this long sleeved $5 in Paris sweater. you said to look on your project page for how you made the neckline not so off the shoulder. i like your neckline design best and i would love to make this sweater as you have made yours. could you please tell me how to find your pattern for this sweater?

Nan said...

i love how you perfected this $5 in Paris sweater with the jewel neckline vs. the nearly off the shoulder neckline. i also like the long sleeves. you say to check the projects page for details on how you made this. i can not find it. do you have it written out in pattern form how you made this yellow/blue sweater? it's beautiful! thank you, nancy

 
;