Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Our Doll Family Has Expanded ... And Sherwood Sweater, Day 6

I haven't shown you yet who last joined our doll family via Goodwill ...



Samantha! 

She's a Pleasant Company doll, so our local Goodwill didn't think she was a "real" American Girl. (Yes, that's what the sales lady told my husband when he asked to look at her in the glass case.) As a result, they marked her $25 less than they charge for the ones marked "American Girl" on their necks. I had a coupon that made her $5 less, so she was actually cheaper than I could get her on Ebay.

She was quite dirty, but it was all surface dirt and all on her vinyl. I'd guess that her original owner never cleaned her for fear of ruining her.

This is what she looked like before I cleaned her.
I'm not sure if you can see the dirt, but it gave her that "old doll" look.

One of her legs is a little loose, but I'm not going to bother with it until it falls off completely. It's an easy enough fix, but re-stuffing her and getting her head on tightly again are a bit more difficult.

Yes, I'm now the 37-year-old proud owner of two American Girl dolls. I tell my family that I'm going to enjoy them now with my daughter, in a few years I'll enjoy them with my grandchildren, and then they can give them to me all over again when I'm senile and wanting to play with dolls. :)

Sherwood Sweater, Day 6


I started on the first sleeve today and got over halfway through it. (I stopped at chart Row 60, but that was only about 50 rows of knitting.) The was pretty good progress for the little time I had to devote to it.


1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

You're having too much fun with your AG dolls! (smile)

 
;