Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Knitting: A Smaller "Sampler" Shawl


This is my daughter's size of our matching shawls. I did one less leaf repeat to make it as small as possible. (This one used just one repeat of each lace section.)


It's still big enough that I could wear it, but it doesn't overwhelm her smaller structure. She should be able to wear it for many years to come.

This one took just three days, so it was an entire day quicker just by eliminating that one leaf chart repeat.

Please note that the pictures make it look like there's a stain in the top center of the shawl. There isn't. That's just the colors showing through from my blocking mat underneath.

You can view all the details on my Ravelry project page.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Can't wait to see some pics of you two in your matching outfits! I think it's super special that R-----'s mommy made the outfits by hand!! Great job, Christa!

 
;