Friday, April 4, 2014

Knitting: Doll Hoodie


I made another doll hoodie from a paid pattern I had purchased and used a year or so ago for the Bitty Twins. This time, I'm making it for a friend's daughter that recently got her much-desired AG doll McKenna.


I did a few things differently this time. First of all, I changed the rolled edges to ribbed edges, since I think it makes the sweater look more "finished".


See how much better the hood lays? You can compare it with the hoodies I made before. It might not be as noticeable in the pictures, but it certainly is in person.

The other change I made was to do a seamless set-in sleeve (top-down) properly. I followed the instructions in this video. It really wasn't as hard or confusing as it might sound at first. It's quite easy, actually, and you get a well-fitting sleeve cap with no seaming.

For more details, you can view my Ravelry project page with more information here.

2 comments:

 
;