Monday, December 9, 2013

Animal Print Doll Outfit

I've been quiet the last little while because I've been on vacation. I fully intended to do some blog posting on vacation, but then I decided that I needed a total break. It was just what I needed!

I finished this cute animal-print outfit before I went on vacation. Please excuse the terrible lighting. Since I have a few days off from homeschooling this month, I'm hoping to get my lightbox in working order again. Natural winter lighting is dreary.

The inspiration for this dress came from a pack of 7 (or 8?) fat quarters that I picked up at Tuesday Morning for $3-4. Both of these prints were in the pack, and they caught my eye together. It's not my usual kind of combination, but I do like how it turned out. It's different.

I made the bolero jacket from McCalls M6764 that I picked up at Hobby Lobby's last $0.99 pattern sale. I'm pretty happy with the fit, although it does border on snug. However, it was originally designed for a jersey knit, so it will certainly fit a little differently when made with a cotton fabric instead.

I trimmed it with a tiny white pom-pom trim from Hobby Lobby. I used two lengths back-to-back so there are pom-poms on both sides of the trim.



The dress is from the pattern I've been using so much - a freebie from My Cup Overflows. (Remember, if you make this dress, you should refer back to my original dress post for some things you really need to know about this pattern.) I simply added a strip of the polka dot fabric at the waist and the hem.

I'm pretty sure my daughter is going to go crazy over this outfit. I can't wait to give it to her!

I'm linking up to

http://teachinggoodthings.com/blog

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love those two prints together! What a great combination --

 
;