Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Camp Doll Diaries 2013: Table, Plates and Food

If you're going to have camp, you have to have a place to eat, right?

As I mentioned before, I'm trying to go low-impact on the doll accessories, so I was looking for something that wouldn't take up a lot of room.

This table fits that mindset perfectly: it's a folding bed tray that we already had!

I have my husband to thank for this idea because I was gathering supplies for another kind of table when he gave me this idea. It was perfect!

If you look at the first picture, you can see that we're using plastic shoeboxes for bench-style chairs at the moment. I'm trying to find just the right idea for our chairs, but these will work for now. The great thing about them is that they can actually store things, too. They also slide right under the table when they're not being used.

The tablecloth is a pillowcase that works without any modifications. I just draped it over the table, and it's a perfect fit.

My kids wanted their dolls to have breakfast, lunch and supper foods. After looking up all kinds of tutorials for making my own play food, I happened to think about checking the play food stash that my daughter already has. Wouldn't you know, we had just enough appropriately-sized foods to fit all three meals! (Shhh ... I'm still working on the drinks.)


The plates are from a long-ago set that I don't even remember now, but they're the perfect size. I picked up the spoons and forks at Dollar Tree around Christmastime. They were small cocktail-sized. They're a tiny bit big in comparison to the doll's hands, but they're close enough to count!


Alex even found some steak! (There's more food on a tray that you can't see in this picture, but I just shared the highlights.)

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Great idea: to use the folding tray for a table! Looks fun and yummy too!

 
;