Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Knitting: Filmstrip Hat


I knit this hat for my brother-in-law who is really good at photography. It's double-knit, which means it's reversible:


It's also twice as warm, since it's a double layer of knit fabric.

Pretty neat, huh? Well, it's also a bit tricky at first, but Portuguese-style knitting makes this much, much easier. I can't even begin to explain in words how I wrap the yarns around my neck to make it easier, but you'll have to trust me on this one. It's pretty fun!

I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn, and I can't recommend it highly enough for an acrylic. It's super-soft and a joy to work with. The added bonus is that I fully support what the company stands for! (That doesn't happen very often.) :)

This is a free pattern called 35 mm Hat.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a cute hat --- perfect for someone who enjoys photography!

 
;