Friday, April 5, 2013

Doll Clothes Gift


My daughter and one of her friends have baby dolls that can fit baby-sized clothing, so I made her friend this set of doll clothes for Christmas. They are all free patterns. This dress is called Strimma and was originally designed for a real baby.

Since it looked like it was falling off the shoulders of the younger models, I added 1” of ribbing at the top to make it fit tighter around the neck. It changed the look of the neckline, but I’d rather do that than frustrate the girl who puts this on her doll and has to keep pulling the sleeves back up to the shoulders.

I did the skirt hem as the pattern states, but it rolled like crazy (as I suspected). Two rows of purling just isn’t enough. I re-joined the yarn and worked 5 rows of garter stitch before binding off.


This jacket/cardigan is called Baby Sophisticate, and I made it in the 0-3 months size with no changes. It was easy and fast!


Finally, I made a hat and mittens set in the smallest size of this pattern. I worked these in the round by simply eliminating one cast-on stitch and joining them. It’s much easier for me that way.

I think she liked them quite a bit, since I've seen them on her dolls. They were pretty fun to make, too!

2 comments:

jelly andrews said...

Oh! You are really very talented. Your works are really amazing. I wonder if you sell some of your creations too.

Christa said...

I plan to list some doll clothes in my Etsy shop as soon as I get some time to do the listings.

I'm pretty busy the next few weeks with gearing up for another homeschool year, but keep an eye on the shop.

If there is something in particular that you're looking for, feel free to send me an e-mail (or convo on Etsy) and I'll let you know if I can help you out. Thanks! :)

 
;