Friday, June 8, 2012

Quilting: Doll Quilt


I ran across the picture of this doll quilt that I made for an Etsy customer last year and realized that I had never shared it on my blog. So, here you go!


I love the mix of patterns and colors, and I love that it's also scraps from the rest of the quilts I made for the same customer.







Because of its size, this one was easy to quilt the traditional way (not quilt-as-you-go). That made things a good deal easier!

If I remember correctly, these were 3" squares that I started with. It's a great way to get rid of scraps, and it's a generous size for a doll quilt.

2 comments:

FrauWaldmeisterin said...

So lovely!
I love vintage quilts.

Esther Asbury said...

You're right, a doll quit is a great use of scraps! Your quilts always turn out so professional looking --- great job!

 
;