Friday, March 23, 2012

Knitting: Mittens for Maine

How do you like my little girl mittens? I made these from the leftovers of a superwash wool I had previously used for a sweater. When they were done, they looked awfully plain, so I learned how to do duplicate stitch by adding these little hearts.

These mittens are going to an organization in Maine that gives hats and mittens to very poor children at Christmastime, and I wanted them to be as pretty/cute as possible. (They get loads of hats, so the request was specifically for mittens.)

With that in mind, here are the boy mittens I made:

They are also very plain, and I want to add a design to them, too. Do you have any ideas for a basic boyish design that doesn't use a lot of different colors? I'd like this to be as painless as possible while still looking nice. :)

In case you're interested, I used the Basic Pattern for Children's Mittens by Elizabeth Durand.

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

cute pink mittens - love the hearts

Gail said...

Hi
I love to visit your blog and see all the lovely things you make for others.

If you visit my blog I have the Liebster Award for you which is to promote blogs with under 200 followers. The idea is you then pass it on to 5 others.Just a way to share ideas etc.

Christa said...

Thanks, Gail!

 
;