Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Knitting: Brown Tweed Toddler Sweater for India

I've been knitting a bunch of sweaters lately for charity, getting ready for the winter season in other countries as we head into summer here.

This particular sweater is made from acrylic yarn, so I'm sending it to an organization that helps children in India. They don't mind acrylic.

This was one of my first attempts at stripes, and it probably looks like it. I should have added the second stripe on the sleeve. Oh well, at least it's done neatly and should keep a child warm. :)

This is my favorite sweater pattern to date, the Basic Seamless Raglan Pullover. It's very basic (and seamless), but you can do all kinds of things to fancy it up a bit. It also works up pretty fast. I can make one in about three days' worth of free time.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

You're doing a great job of knitting... I'm sure they will appreciate your generosity.

 
;