Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The rest of my "vacation" cards

As you'll soon see, I made lots of cards while we were on vacation. It was fun, and I challenged myself to use only a limited range of patterned papers and stamps, since I only took certain ones. I enjoyed the challenge of using supplies that I had barely touched! So here are the cards ...



This first one is a bookmark card. It opens in the middle, and the inside (below) has a detachable bookmarker on the right. This is the men's version, using Tim Holtz stamps and travel-themed patterned paper by ATD.



Next up is my ladies' version of the bookmark card:



And the inside:



Stamps: Tim Holtz (bookmark sentiment), Inkadinkadoo (flower), Scrappy Cats (swirl on bookmark). Patterned paper: ATD



This one was a bit time-consuming, but it was cute. Stamps: Studio G (wood-mount cupcake and clear acrylic candle), unknown (sentiment). I colored it with BIC Mark-Its and embossed with Swiss Dots.



Then I made a bunch of gift tags using the same stamps.



This is a ladies' birthday card. Stamps: Stampin Up (sentiment), Studio G (decorative focal point). I used patterned paper by ATD and an EK Success corner punch for the corners.



Here's a slight variation that uses the EK Success fleur de lis border punch in place of the corner punch.



The inspiration for this card came from the patterned paper itself. I just stamped the clocks on the blank squares (a perfect fit) and then added the sentiment. All stamps are Tim Holtz, and patterned paper is ATD.



This was another card that took a little while, but I loved the effect. I used Versamark to stamp my Martha Stewart monogram stamps onto squares, taped those down to another sheet, cut out the Top Note shape, then ran it through my Cuttlebug with the D'vine Swirls embossing folder. I just used an extra square on dimensionals for my focal point.



And finally, this was the very first card I made on vacation, and I loved it. I was especially proud because I used all $1 stamps (Studio G)!! :) My husband will be getting this for Father's Day from our kids.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Cindy Loven said...

great cards Sophia, I made a set of 10 week before last, but nothing since..been fishing too much ROFL
~C~

Anonymous said...

i sophia, darling cards! I just read your comment on the glimmer mist and
you should be fine. I read an interview with a chemist once in an art publication who talked about using hairspry as a fixative fir pastel (chalk) painting ans she said that the hairspray and artists’s expensive fixitive was basicly, chemicly the same thing and to get the cheapest stuff you could find because it is likley to contain just the shellac you want but not the oils (like sillicon and other words ending with”cone”) and other stuff you don't want. Aqua net is a good bet! or whatever cheap stuff you can fine with the least ingredients!

Unknown said...

Wonderful cards! What a great idea, to take supplies with you on vacation and only use what you brought!

 
;